Saturday, October 6, 2012

Going Green Working on oDesk


Going Green Working on oDesk


Early on in life, I have always been fascinated with nature and even then, I knew that our mother was already in trouble. As I went through my childhood where I was fortunate enough to have had many fun and memorable times in her natural splendor, it saddens me today to know that my daughter will have to venture far to get her taste of nature’s wonders. In my view things are dire, but change is not impossible and every little bit counts.

Working on oDesk, I can make a contribution to saving Mother Earth by working from home. I have reduced my impact on the use of fossil fuels - my office is a few steps away. I have a paperless workplace that exists in a virtual world - saving on precious trees. I re-use old computers too. I have never owned a brand new computer in my years as an oDesk contractor. It does not take much computing power for some of the jobs I have chosen to work on so an old PC works fine. There are more ways to help and I am sure more creative individuals out there would have bigger and better ideas.

It is not the norm to be at your home and practicing a profession that creates a means of livelihood for oneself or your family but many are choosing this path to get away from the rat race and create a better life for them.

It is not for everyone but for those that have chosen to telecommute or work from home, even not on oDesk, the environmental impact is better than some alternatives. For those who wish to have a better work-life balance and make a small impact on the environment, going green working on oDesk is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veetle