Monday, September 17, 2012

Time To Get With The New oDesk oConomy

Time To Get With The New oDesk oConomy

Snapshot of the New oDesk oConomy page
Analysis of the oDesk market place used to be static when you click on the oConomy link. It shows you categories for jobs that are available and how these statistically count in the entire oDesk job market. A few months ago they launched a new and more dynamic source for data on how things are going in the oDesk economy. The oDesk Research team has come up with some pretty exciting ways for everyone in the community to learn and sort through the data and help them with the strategies that they need to implement to be competitive in the oDesk freelance market. Certainly, it is not reserved for those who are there to get contracts for work but it is quite essential for those as well who would wish to hire talented freelance individuals on the oDesk community. These online workers are in over 180 countries and the data that can be collected at the moment can be slightly localized for a lack of presets but it is still monumental. One can for example chart the worker activity for a select number of countries during a work week. This data was not available in the previous incarnation and I do not even know if it was possible to get such information before the Country Dashboard went up. You can also select portions of the map and check the number of active registered oDesk workers in that country. The most I am impressed with is its potential for real-time data that can be crunched and its potential for user specified data points tailor fit for their needs. It is young by most accounts and we will have to wait and see where the Research team takes it. I, for one, am quite happy with the numbers I see in the job category of Writing and Translation. A large majority of the total 165,019 projects completed were in the Blog and Article Writing subcategory. They amount to a total of 22,809 or about 14% of the entire market and with that I hope I can do more writing. Many have taken on my services and I hope I can only get better at it as time passes. I do feel though that with me knowing the data, I know I am focusing on the right oDesk market subcategory.  You can try experimenting with it on the new oDesk oConomy page. Play with it, learn from it and it will help you with a plan to get a job or get some work done. Maybe its time for you to get with the new oDesk oConomy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Veetle